The hotel “The Oasis” and the diving centre are a joint venture of Diving Centers Werner Lau and Sinai Divers. Due to this cooperation a maximum amount of service, professionalism and joy of diving can be offered at the house reef and approximately 30 local dive sites.
The accommodation will provide you with air conditioning and a balcony. There is also a refrigerator. Featuring a shower, private bathroom also comes with a hairdryer and a bidet. You can enjoy sea views from the room. There is an outdoor pool and a private beach. Hatha and Kundalini Yoga classes are available and suitable for all levels to enjoy. Free WiFi access is available in public areas. A restaurant is available for your half board meal package and you can purchase lunches and drinks by the pool. Other facilities offered at the property include a shared lounge, a tour desk and luggage storage. The property offers free parking.
This resort is 38 km from Marsa Alam International Airport.
- The Oasis is a 4* Resort and dive centre set next to the beach with a fabulous house reef.
- "The Oasis" is a intimate, pretty, comfortable hotel for divers and for those seeking tranquillity. It is situated on a long beach just north of Marsa Alam. The resort captivates with it’s unique architecture, it’s intimate ambience and tranquillity.
- At the moment, it consists of 49 chalets arranged around the main building in the form of a Bedouin village with small alleyways and winding steps of fossilized coral stone
- The especially beautiful ambience conjured up by the dimmed floor lighting captivates the guests as they enter the reception area.
- The view of the Red Sea from the terrace, with the whole of this lovely resort at your feet is unforgettable.
- Besides the reception and the offices, the main building also houses a small bazaar and the diving centre. Here it is also possible to make small purchases.
- A further highlight in the resort is the large and deep (making it perfect for diving instruction) pool. Whilst relaxing in the pool, you are also rewarded with a terrific view of the sea.
- "The Oasis" is something very special. Very few places in Egypt offer the quiet and relaxation you can enjoy here.
- The dive center is situated on the hill of the beautiful wellness hotel called “The Oasis” and is ideal for beginners. The pool, house reef and local dive sites guarantee a comfortable and relaxed dive experience.
- The spacious and individually decorated chalets are built with natural building materials in Nubian style with much attention spent on details. Each of these chalets is unique with an individual floor plan and varying stylish elements and colours influence the very tastefully decorated rooms. Also there is an unrestricted and breathtaking view of the sea from the terrace of every chalet!
- Standard Chalet. All chalets consist of a main room, a spacious bathroom with shower (except for Chalet 23 "the red one", which has a bath with a splendid view of the sea) and toilet, water heated by solar power and several 220 volt electricity. The rooms are kept cool due to the natural building style of the Nubians. Ceiling fans and air conditioning have also been installed to supply additional cool air during warmer nights. A mini bar is also supplied in all chalets. Rooms are available with either 1 double or 2 single beds.
- Deluxe Chalet. All chalets consist of a main room, a spacious bathroom with shower (except for Chalet 23 "the red one", which has a bath with a splendid view of the sea) and toilet, water heated by solar power and several 220 volt electricity. The rooms are kept cool due to the natural building style of the Nubians. Ceiling fans and air conditioning have also been installed to supply additional cool air during warmer nights. A mini bar and tea / coffee making facilities are also supplied in all chalets. Rooms are available with either 1 double or 2 single beds.
- The oasis diving centre is a joint project of Werner Lau and Sinai Divers.
- Due to this cooperation the maximum amount of service, professionalism and joy of diving can be offered.
- Experienced team of multilingual diving instructors and dive masters offering all levels of instruction according to SSI, Barakuda (CMAS) and PADI guidelines.
- Equipment. The new diving centre is equipped especially to cover the requirements and wishes of the divers. Even in times of high demand we guarantee enough hire equipment for everyone.
- For guests with equipment problems, our well stocked workshop is available if needed, supported by the advice from our staff.
- It goes without saying, that nitrox is also available here without charge!
- All private equipment is stored in boxes at the Dive Centre and will be transported to the dive boats each day by our staff.
- Our diving boats and land vehicles are all equipped with oxygen and a first-aid-kit, as well as radio and telephone. The nearest medical facility is in Marsa Alam or, in severe cases treatment is ensured in Hurghada. The nearest decompressions chamber is only 10 km away in Marsa Shagra.
- The area around Marsa Alam is rated as one of the best diving area in the world and as one of the few diving areas in the Red Sea that's not overrun.
- There is something here for everyone, gently sloping dives from the beach, trips by car to more remote bays or trips by boat to legendary reefs such as Elphinstone, Abu Dabbab and Samadai Reef (Dolphin House).
- The house reef which drops down fast and steeply, has everything experienced divers could wish for.
- We also offer further trips by car to more remote bays or by boat to the top spots on the infinite reefs.
- The walls of the famous Elphinstone reef (deep sea white tipped sharks), the lush soft corals that grow down into the blue, decorated with sponges and gorgonian fans, cast their spell over everyone. Abu Dabbab (Swim through's and caves) and Samadai Reef (large schools of dolphins) are further highlights.
- Directly in front of the diving centre there is a wonderful house reef (border reef). Super conditions for beach dives, night dives and open water dives during courses.
- Dives are made from the jetty which is built out over the edge of the reef. The sea is about 12 m deep here. The reef slopes slowly down before dropping off sharply into the blue! The reef can be dived to the north or to the south.
- Along with some very pretty hard and soft corals there are also large numbers of typical Red Sea fish. A real highlight are the large pelagic fish travelling along the "aquatic road” in north/south direction. Along with manta rays, turtles and dolphins, more and more dugongs have been sighted.
- One dive at the house reef per day is included in the diving box "The Oasis". This also includes early-morning dives and night dives.
- On a few days in the year with strong wind the rough swell can make the access to the reef more difficult or even occasionally impossible.
- Most of the diving trips take place by car. We offer trips daily in both the morning and the afternoon, each including one dive. The travelling time is between 5 minutes to 1 hour depending on the diving site. For more distant reefs 2 tank dives are offered.
- In all, we offer a selection from about 30 different diving spots which guarantee a great dive.
- Prices quoted are for 11 August - 31 October 2020
- Please contact us for quotes on other dates
- Diving holiday for 2 certified divers (Open Water Diver or higher) sharing 1 room or 1 certified diver in individual basic option accommodation
- Chosen Room for 6 nights
- Half Board meal package
- 10 boat dives and 5 shore dives per diver
- Weight Belt/Weights/Tank(s)
- Welcome drink
- 5 Days DIVEBOX "The Oasis" include:• 2 dives per day by car at the best sites of the Southern Red Sea (1 dive in the morning & 1 dive in the afternoon or a 2-tank dive) • In addition, and free of charge as the 3rd dive of the day: 1 unguided dives at the house reef (from 5:00 am until 8:00 pm) per dive day. Acclimatisation dive is mandatory and integrated in the first dive.
- Lunch and drinks on boat trips has to be paid locally
- Full scuba set: EUR (per diving day/person)
- There is a permission fee of EUR 5.-- per day per person for environmental protection
- For some dive sites reached by car an admission fee between 5 and 10 Euro is charged locally
- Christmas and New Years Eve dinner + 25e per person
- Transfer from/to Marsa Alam airport (round-trip) - one per PERSON: EUR 39 (per person)
- Transfer from/to Hurghada airport (round-trip) - one PERSON: EUR 149 (per person)
- Transfer from/to Hurghada airport (round-trip) - two people - : EUR 74 (per person)
- Transfer from/to Hurghada airport (round-trip) - three - six people - : EUR 56 (per person)
- Transfer from/to Hurghada airport (round-trip) - seven - sixteen people - : EUR 42 (per person)
- Note: all listed prices are per person
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION TERMS
- Now: 0% until reservation is confirmed
- 48 hours after booking confirmation: 100%
- Free cancellation for 48h after confirmation.
- 30% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged if you cancel.
- 100% will be charged if you cancel less than 60 days before your arrival date
HOW TO GET THERE
- You will be transferred from the airport (Hurghada or Marsa Alam - additional cost) to the village.
- A Werner Lau driver will meet the guests outside the terminal building.
- Check in time is from 2pm.
- Return rental equipment to the diving center and confirm diving activities with the base leader.
- Check out time from the reception is at 10am
- Once you have checked out, the driver will escort you to the airport.